Disclaimer & Acknowledgement!
This is a learning and information sharing platform.
By continuing to the GHAMFIN Knowledge Management Hub website, I acknowledge that this is a website which aggregates information for sharing and learning purposes. I also consent that it is required of me to acknowledge the use of any material or information sourced through this website, and give credit to the original owners of the material or information sourced. I confirm that all information sourced from this website shall be used for it legal purposes and WHOLLY INDEMNIFY GHAMFIN and or its Partners of any breaches that may be occasioned by me.
The use of this website or resource materials is subject to the TERMS and CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions – GHAMFIN Knowledge Management Hub
- These Terms and Conditions (these “Terms” or these “GHAMFIN Knowledge Hub Terms and Conditions”) contained herein on this webpage, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website” or “Site”). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website, if you have any objection to any of these Website Terms and Conditions. This Website is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age), and you must not use this Website if you a minor.
- Any reference to “you” in these Terms includes yourself and any person that accessed or uses the Site and the services we make available via the Site (the “Services”) on your behalf, whether as a guest or a registered user.
- a “user” means a person who uses our platform (whether or not registered with us). GHAMFIN shall mean Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network, its affiliates, members, board, staff and assigns.
- Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Site and you will be required to read and accept these terms when registering on our Site. If we update our terms after you register, by continuing to use our site, you accept our updated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, GHAMFIN and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved. There are also some materials which due to the nature of the aggregate nature of the website.
- You are granted a limited access only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing and using the material contained on this Website per the Terms contained herein.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material as your own;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
- Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and GHAMFIN may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username, ID and password, you must promptly notify us by our contact form. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account.
- You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
Other applicable terms
- In these Website Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to upload, display or share on this Website. With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant GHAMFIN and /or her partners a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media. You further grant GHAMFIN fully transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative words of Your Content to operate and promote the website, in any formats and through any channels, including across any third-party website or advertising medium.
- Your Content must be your own and it must not be infringing on any third party’s rights.
- We do not make any claim to Your Content.
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You warrant that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or uploading it to the Site. You agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us as a result of your breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting, submitting or transmitting Your Content on or via our Site, you grant us a license to use it. We do not claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help us function and grow. That way, we will not infringe any rights you have in Your Content, and we can promote Your Content and use it to deliver our Services to you.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. If content that you own or have rights to (including Your Content) has been posted to the Site without your permission and you want it removed, please contact us here. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. If any third-party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We will notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. There are certain types of content that we do not want posted via the website. You agree that you will post only content that conforms to these terms. Posting content, which is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of the Terms included in this document, is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to restrict access to our Site to a user who is found to be in violation of this provision and do not reimburse for any payment made to us with the use of our service.
- You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Site in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for Your Content or the accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
- GHAMFIN reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
You warrant that your contentment provided must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and GHAMFIN makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
- We do not guarantee that our Services, Our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on an “as is” temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site or Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be free of technological errors at all times which may disturb core functionalities of the platform. The users acknowledge that technical problems occur and we may not be able to always deliver uninterrupted services to our users due to technical problems. If due to technological failure, any of the features of our website stops working for some time, we shall not be liable to you. However, we guarantee that if a technical error arises which is disturbing any of the core functionalities of the Site we will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can contact us if you are experiencing any problem using our website and we will try to help you at our earliest convenience.
- We are providing materials that are relevant to Microfinance Business or researchers in the field of microfinance or banking or any person (natural or legal) who may see the need to use the website for its legal purposes. It is the user’s full responsibility to check the suitability of our content. We exclude liability for any loss that may arise from the use of our website that does not fit a user’s needs.
- Changes to these Terms
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time for any changes, as they are binding on you upon your first use of the Website after the changes have been introduced. In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and any previous version(s), the provisions that are current and in effect will prevail (unless it is expressly stated otherwise).
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Ghanaian law.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event shall GHAMFIN , nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, and GHAMFIN, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of or upon the reliance on any content of this Website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our services, website or any content on it, whether express or implied, including any guarantee that our website will meet your requirements.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use our website;
- Use of reliance on our website or any content displayed on the website;
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We accept no responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events or acts of war.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under our control. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The Site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to articles, training materials and other information. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values. We shall to the best of our abilities ensure that views and information shared by other users conform to this Terms.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users, please contact us.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, false traffics to overload our server or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. A breach of this provision is a criminal offence under the Cybersecurity Act, 2020 (Act 1038) and any other relevant laws of Ghana. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Linking to our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- You must note establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice;
- The website to which you are linking must comply in all respects with this Terms;
- If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us for an express authorization.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You shall not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our Site in contravention of these Terms;
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any party of our Site;
- Any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Site;
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
- You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You shall not use our Site:
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms. Where a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we consider appropriate, including any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- Issues of a warning to you;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- You agree to fully reimburse us for all losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other act or omission by you in using the Site or by any other person accessing the Site using your personal information with your authority that results in any legal responsibility on our part to any third party.
- If your account is terminated or deactivated (by you or by us), your photos, comments and all other data uploaded and pertaining to your account (including Your Content) will no longer be accessible through your account, but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Site (for example if Your Content has been re-shared by other users).
- We encourage you to remain your own backup of Your Content. We are not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Site for the purposes of backup or storage of Your Content. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to keep Your Content secure, we do not guarantee that others will not gain access to your information or that Your Content will be stored safely. You acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content of other information may not be secure.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms. Where a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we consider appropriate, including any of the following actions:
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent GHAMFIN from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
GHAMFIN shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between GHAMFIN and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
If any dispute arises in connection with this Agreement, the Parties will attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure in Ghana. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator will be nominated by GHAMFIN. To initiate the mediation, one party must give notice in writing (“ADR notice”) to the other party to the dispute requesting mediation. The mediation procedure must be in compliance with the Mediation laws of Ghana. Neither party shall be able to recover any costs from any other in relation to the mediation, notwithstanding the subsequent issue of proceedings.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ghana, and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Ghana courts for the resolution of any disputes.
Thank you for visiting our Site.